Friday, May 4, 2007

Betting the Kentucky Derby Online

This is the premier horse racing event, the Super Bowl of horse racing if you will. I have to bet it & of course I'm betting it online...

I read an article on yahoo this week about how Storm in May is blind in one eye. I would like this horse to win. I just think it would be cool, but I really doubt that it will happen. Anyway, with Sedgefield coming out of the first gate and listed at 50-1, I think that I'm going to throw some money on a boxed exacta of the 1 and 4 horse. If it hits, it'll be a nice pay day.

Curlin is the favorite, and for good reason. The horse really is the best in the field, but doesn't have much value at those odds. That's why I'm going to go with the 6 horse, Cowtown Cat, to win at 20-1. The horse had shown great improvement over it's last several and came in first in it's last 2. I guess I'm hoping that this horse can keep up the improvement and cash me a nice ticket Saturday.

These are the odds listed at BoDog (link on the right):
Number - Horse - Jockey - Odds
1 - SEDGEFIELD - LEPAROUX - 50-1
2 - CURLIN - ALBARADO - 7/2
3 - ZANJERO - BRIDGMOHAN - 30-1
4 - STORM IN MAY - LEYVA - 30-1
5 - IMAWILDANDCRAZYGUY - GUIDRY - 50-1
6 - COWTOWN CAT - JARA - 20-1
7 - STREET SENSE - BOREL - 4-1
8 - HARD SPUN - PINO - 15-1
9 - LIQUIDITY - FLORES - 30-1
10 - TEUFLESBERG - ELLIOTT - 30-1
11 - BWANA BULL - CASTELLANO - 50-1
12 - NOBIZ LIKE SHOBIZ - VELASQUEZ - 8-1
13 - SAM P. DOMINGUEZ - 20-1
14 - SCAT DADDY - PRADO - 10-1
15 - TIAGO - SMITH - 15-1
16 - CIRCULAR QUAY - VELAZQUEZ - 8-1
17 - STORMELLO - DESORMEAUX - 30-1
18 - ANY GIVEN SATURDAY - GOMEZ - 12-1
19 - DOMINICAN - BEJARANO - 20-1
20 - GREAT HUNTER - NAKATANI - 15-1

Good Luck Horse Racing Fans!!!